- Martha and Lionel -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light ((M)) - Complete

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Light ((M)) - Complete - Page 2 Empty Re: Light ((M)) - Complete

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 22, 2011 2:41 am

Oh god... Lex is in the scene... this mean the bad part is gonna come now... I'll be checking for the next update every minute tomorrow Razz I just can't wait to read more!!
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

http://annetteotoole.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Sun May 22, 2011 3:53 am

Chapter 16:

“Lex. What are you doing here?” Lionel questioned calmly letting go of Martha and leaning against his desk without a care in the world. “Martha, if you will excuse us. It appears Lex requires some father-son time.”

“No Dad. I think she should stay. It sounds like she might be interested in this conversation after all.”

“Martha. Go. Now.”

“No Lionel. I need to stay right here,” Martha answered back. She wasn't about to leave him with who she realized was his murderer.

“I'm sure there were moments when King Arthur regretted pulling the sword from the stone. But he never gave up his quest. So why did you? Or have you already found what you were looking for?” Lex asked pointedly staring at Martha with an unblinking stare.

“Could you be a little less vague son? I'm not going to live forever.”

“Lex, what are you talking about?” Martha queried. He knows. Or at least he's close to knowing....

“The Traveler that you and the less fortunate members of Veritas were looking for.”

“The Traveler. Why doesn't it surprise me that you've fallen for Patricia Swann's vivid imaginings.”

“I didn't imagine the deaths of Virgil Swann or Oliver Queen's parents.”

“You think I can control the fate of individuals? Oh, God. You give me too much credit.”

“You certainly controlled mine.”

“Lex. You can't believe that's true.,” Martha interjected.

“Mrs. Kent it wasn't an accident that my father and I were in Smallville the day of the meteor shower. The factory was just a cover. My dear old Dad was really there to meet this Traveler that his little astronomy group members wanted to protect. I remember everything.”

“Lex. Those memories are skewed. They're of a small boy in shock trying to cope with the trauma of a meteor shower,” Martha explained gently.

“A trauma brought on by my own father,” Lex replied in a voice constricted with emotion. He pulled a gun out of his coat and began tapping it against the side of his thigh. “My life changed forever that day.”

A flicker of emotion crossed Lex's face then it hardened into cold steel. It was then that Martha realized that she & Lionel may have reached the point of no return. There might not be a way to save Lionel or herself.

“You sacrificed me for the Traveler. Why? Who is it Dad? Who is it? WHO IS IT?”

“What if I told you now that you are the Traveler?”

Lionel began to edge his way slowly closer to the window to draw Lex's eye away from Martha. Perhaps she will understand and escape while she still has the chance.

“You're right. Your life truly changed that day. I told you in the helicopter that you were destined for a great future. That's why I've been so hard on you, trained you so relentlessly. Think, Lex. Think. You have survived mortal injuries so many times. How else can you explain it?”

“Because I was trained never to accept defeat,” Lex instantly replied cocking his gun and training it on Martha while still keeping his eyes set on his father. “When I get my hands on that box in Zurich I have a feeling all my questions will be answered. Now I want that second key. Give it to me.”

Silence filled the room as Lionel and Martha both contemplated their options. There were none. With lightning speed, Lex grabbed Martha and pressed the gun hard into her side.

“I've swept every possible place you could've hidden it and I thought there was only one person you would trust with it. Yourself. But perhaps I was wrong.”

And with a rip of fabric, Lex tore the buttons holding together the shirt Martha had borrowed from Lionel and snapped the necklace from around her neck.

“Lex? Lex if you open that box, if you get hold of that secret there will be no redemption for you. No redemption. Ever,” Lionel pleaded.

Lex pressed the gun harder into Martha's side. There was no escape for her and no rescue possible at this moment.

“I was raised in your shadow. Now you're going to feel what it's like to slowly die in mine,” and with Lex's reply came the sound of two echoing gun shots.

Martha collapsed to the floor and Lionel raced to be at her side as Lex walked out of the office and melted into the shadows.

All Lionel could see was the two blossoms of red that were currently blooming on what was once a pristine white shirt.

TO BE CONTINUED....
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 am

She's not dead, right? I know she's not dead but... oh god... this was so touching... I need to know what happens after this!!
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 am

Saeshmea wrote:She's not dead, right? I know she's not dead but... oh god... this was so touching... I need to know what happens after this!!
I'm working on the next chapter now. Smile
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Sun May 22, 2011 4:56 am

Chapter 17:

“Martha. MARTHA!” Lionel screamed as he cradled her slowly cooling body close to his own. “Martha, look at me. Please look at me.”

With a flutter of her long eyelashes, Martha opened her sapphire eyes. “Lionel... I feel dizzy.”

“You're going to be fine Martha. Just fine. Keep looking at me.”

Lionel tried to keep pressure on both exit and entry wounds, but when he tried to press on one the other seemed to gush with more red slippery fluid.

“It doesn't hurt. Is that a bad thing,” Martha whispered as she took one of her slippery hands and gently touched his face.

“No, that's not bad. Not feeling pain can only be good Martha,” Lionel lied. He realized she had very little time left. From the position of the shots to the exit wounds and the amount of blood she had lost, she wouldn't have much time left. In the distance he could hear the sound of sirens. One of his security must have heard the gun shots and called for help. But would they get to her in time?
“Lionel I need to tell you something”

“No. You can tell me later once we get you to the hospital.” Lionel spoke softly.

“I need to tell you now. It's important,” Martha's voice was beginning to fade and it took almost all her energy to keep her hand on his cheek and focus into his hazel eyes.

“Do you remember that day in the garden? It was beautiful that day. It was the first time that we actually talked to one another. Really talked. I want to be in our garden again. I want to be able to talk like that with you every day. I want to be near you and be a part of your life, but I think we may have lost our chance. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.”

Martha moved her hand to gently grip his head and gently pulled it down for a kiss. Then Lionel felt the air softly rush out from between her lips and she grew still.

TO BE CONTINUED....
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 22, 2011 5:05 am

I'm suffering... I'm really having a very bad time reading this last parts of the story.... .. . because I want her to life and them to be happy, and Clark to react and acctept their relationship... and I'm start to feel she'll die and... it all is so sad Sad

But I still love this story a lot!!!! Keep writting Wink I'll check for updates tomorrow^^
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Sun May 22, 2011 6:02 am

Chapter 18:

Three days later.

Pain.

That's all Martha could feel in her side and her abdomen as she awoke. She could feel someone gripping her hand. Holding it like a drowning man holds a lifeline. She opened her eyes but all she could see was darkness. Gradually her eyes became accustomed to the dark and she was able to see the shadow of a man sitting in a chair with his head laying inches from where he was holding her hand. Behind her she could hear the droning beat of hospital equipment giving off her vital statistics.

I'm alive. How long was I asleep?

As she turned her head she could see clearer the man that was at her side. Lionel was fast asleep. There were deep circles under his eyes as though he hadn't slept in days. His hair was tousled and unkempt and his clothes were disheveled. And from the look of his face, his beard hadn't been trimmed in days.

She slid her hand out of his death-like grip and eased it onto his furrowed brow. Instantly, the pinched expression on his face calmed and relaxed into that of a peaceful slumber. It was as though her touch communicated the safety, warmth and security that he was so desperately trying to seek in his sleep. She began to gently stroke his wavy hair and his shoulders relaxed from their tightened appearance.

A calm settled over Martha as she contemplated everything that she had endured the last few days and what it would mean for Lionel and herself.

Today is the start of a new day for both of us, Lionel. You just don't realize it yet.

- THE END -
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Brillian!! I love it^^ I've read it again from the first part today, I just love this story and the way you wrote it. If you decide to write another fanfic, please tell me^^
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Sun May 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Saeshmea wrote:Brillian!! I love it^^ I've read it again from the first part today, I just love this story and the way you wrote it. If you decide to write another fanfic, please tell me^^
Thank you.

If I do write another Mionel fic, it will more than likely end up here. A far as I know this is one of the few Mionel-friendly sites that I have found.

I have added you to my Twitter so if I do write anything more I'll let you know.

Thanks again for being such a great sounding board for me on my first fic. I really appreciate it. I wrote this story the way I did so that it would slide fairly seamlessly into normal cannon. (Using the Descent text at the beginning/near end; Lex getting the key; etc.) So everything else in that season after that event can mostly still happen.
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  StonedGorgon Thu May 26, 2011 3:13 am

Saeshmea wrote:Brillian!! I love it^^ I've read it again from the first part today, I just love this story and the way you wrote it. If you decide to write another fanfic, please tell me^^
Well, I decided to get an account on FanFiction.Net and post this story along with any other future stories there. Right now, I'm just waiting for the confirmation email so that I can set up my account.

I'm interested in writing a few more Mionel fics. One involving Jeweled Krytonite or Red Kryptonite infection & another one dealing with a body swap. Could be interesting. I'm just stuck on how to go about them a bit.

-Edit - Light Bulb: early Red Queen/Lionel fic with a Fracture twist.

Last edited by StonedGorgon on Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Light Bulb" - Thanks to Red B.)
StonedGorgon
StonedGorgon
Flight
Flight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2