- Martha and Lionel -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university...

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 Empty Re: DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university...

Post  I can't even believe it Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

My fav part is when they met at the graveyard... none of them really moved on... there are things you just can't forget about...

“He’s bad… Doctors just say that we have to wait…”

Lex seriously consider her still part of the Luthor family... it was cute ^_^

And nowit look like Martha is sick and tired of Jonathan... well, I can only say... let's see what happen in the next update! Surprised

I can't wait... bounce

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 Empty Re: DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university...

Post  Saeshmea Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Destiny - 45

After Ethan had left, Jonathan went downstairs wondering to speak with Martha, but she was packing her things.
“Are you leaving?” he asked coming into the room.
“Something doesn’t work between us, Jonathan…” she said, not able to look at him.
“I understand those photographs hurt you, but… you have to trust me, there was nothing else, we just went out together some times…” he told, approaching her and making her hands stop packing “It won’t happen again”
“I believe you… but you went out with her, alone, without telling me…” she sat down on the bed and stared at him “Jonathan, I’m not blaming you… but we’re lying each other… there’s obviously something wrong and I think we both need some time to think… about us” she stood up and continued taking clothes from the closet to the suitcase.
“No! Please, don’t leave me… not now… I promise it won’t happen again”
“Jonathan, you don’t understand… I haven’t been sincerely to you, either…” she finally broke down.
“What do you mean?”
“It happened just once” she pointed “…but I slept with Lionel…” he cried harder.
“Lionel Luthor, your ex-husband!” he yelled “Oh my gosh! He bedded him and this is why you quit the job!”.
“Jonathan, please, don’t shout at me” she begged sobbing “It was a mistake, but it happened… you got involved with your ex, too! And your affair was obviously longer than mine!” she cried out among her sobs.
“…but I didn’t go to bed with her!”
“Maybe not yet, but what if Lionel hadn’t threatened you?!” she was yelling now, too, but after that question, there was a long silence in the room.
“What about the baby? Because it’s mine, isn’t it?” he suddenly asked.
“I… I don’t know…”
“Oh my!” he calmed down himself before begin yelling again “You don’t know who is the father?”
Martha just shook her head and there was a silence again.
“You’re right… we need some time to think about us…” he said “But, please, leave on the morning… I would worry knowing you’re on the road in the middle of the night…”
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Like every morning, Martha woke up early and made the breakfast for everyone in the house. When Clark came downstairs she waited for Jonathan and the both of them told the boy about the situation.
“I thought you were happy…” he said, and Martha’s heart broke in pieces “…and now you’re telling me that the two of you have lied each other with your ex?” he looked upset and disappointed, and before Martha tell him anything else, he’d left with his superspeed.
One more time, Martha found herself driving away with her clothes in a suitcase and no idea of where to go. So she stopped at the hospital to say goodbye to someone else.
“Mum?” Lex asked when Martha came into the room “What are you doing here so early?”
“No, dear… I just came to say goodbye”
“Where are you going?” he stood up and left the room to talk with her in the corridor.
“I’m leaving the farm for a while, and I wanted you to know, sweetheart…” she caressed his cheek and he kissed her hand.
“I don’t understand…”
“You needn’t… Things just went wrong with Jonathan and we both decided to give us some time to think…”
“You’re leaving him? I thought you were fine? Has my father anything to do with this?”
Martha stayed thinking for a while, “No, sweetheart” she finally said “Don’t worry… I’ll call you as soon as I know where I’m staying”
“You could stay in the mansion with me!” he offered, and Martha hesitated for a while.
“No, dear… I’m afraid it would do the things more difficult… don’t worry… I’ll be fine” she stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek before leave.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
There she was, back at home, standing in front of the door with a two suitcases, hesitating between knocking it and stepping back, when the door opened suddenly.
“Are you coming in, or not?” a tall man asked staring at her with a serious look.
“Dad!” she frightened “I…”
“I saw you from the window… I wondered how much more time it would take to you to ring the bell… but I see you’re more stubborn than me…”
She wasn’t able to say a word.
“Come on, you already know where your room is…” Mr. Clark told taking her suitcases.
“Oh, dad!” she jumped to his arms and began to cry on his shoulder… the man tried to stand serious, but he finally left the suitcases and embraced his daughter sweetly.
“Welcome home, dear” he said kissing her forehead.

TO BE CONTINUED…

It’s a sad part, but it was necessary… .. . I’ll try to continue it soon.
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

http://annetteotoole.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

It's not that sad... actually I found the ending really sweet! Father and daughter reunited! Wink

Please, keep updating... you can't possibly leave me like that... I need to know what will happen next!

I hope Clark will understand soon or later but most of all...

I want Lionel to get better soon...sigh

Oh, I was almost forgetting, please... check my message! ;D

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Mon May 03, 2010 1:17 am

Hi!!! I haven't been very concentrated on my fics lately, and I wasn't sure of which I could update... so I tried Destiny... XD I hope you like this part... it's... pretty odd... Kisses!!!

A COUPLE WEEKS LATER

The knocking on the door woke her up. Just covered with her nightdress, Martha stood up and let a servant come in.
"Good morning, Miss Clark... I'm sorry if I woke you up but there's a man at the door asking for you..." said a servant after come into Martha's bedroom “…and your father’s not at home…”
"Where has he gone?"
"He left after breakfast... he said he would be back for dinner… What do you want me to do with the visit? Would you like me to ask him to leave? "
"No, Sarah, it's fine... I'll receive him in the library"
The old woman left and Martha dressed herself before go downstairs.
In front of the double door of the library she wondered if it would be Jonathan the man of the other side ... But after opened it...
"Lionel!?" she exclaimed when she saw him standing at the other side of the room looking at the books of the shelves.
"Hi..." he said turning round to face her "It's been a long time since I saw you coming down those stairs for the first time..." he said.
"What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to apologize" he approached her "...Lex told me you'd left Jonathan and..."
"I don't think you'd planned all this from the beginning, so you needn't to apologize..."
"Anyway, I'm sorry..."
"We both made mistakes" she told "Jonathan and me, I mean... I needed some time to think about us and... I guessed him too after tell him... everything what happened"
"I see... What about the baby? Is it alright?"
"I have an appointment for a scan this afternoon... My father was going to come with me, but... it seems he'd something more important to attend... as always..."
"I could go with you" Lionel offered.
"No. I mean... I don't think it'll be a good idea"
“Why not?”, he wondered. “I could be the father… right?”
“Yes, but… also Jonathan …”
“Then… why don’t you call him too?” he asked.
“You must be kidding” she glanced at him and he smiled.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
“Hello, Mrs. Kent…” the doctor said “I’m glad things are going fine with the pregnancy, please go there and take off your clothes” Martha then walked behind a screen “…and I’m happy to finally know the baby’s father… Who of you two is Mr. Kent?”
“I am” Jonathan answered smiling to the doctor.
“He is, but actually he’s just half of the father… I’m the other half” Lionel said shaking hands with the white-dressed lady “I’m Lionel Luthor, nice to meet you Doctor Mayfair”
“Nice to meet you too…” she answered “Ma’am… have you finished?” she wondered walking away the two men.
“Sure” Martha came back with them just covered with a white coat and lied down on the couch.
“So… have you felt any upset or pain Mrs. Uh…” the doctor blocked looking at Jonathan first and then at Lionel, and Martha noticed that.
“Call me just Martha, please”
“So, Martha?” she sight on relief.
“No… I’ve noticed nothing…”
“Great…” the doctor said doing her job with all those machines and screens where suddenly appeared some black and white shadows and they could listen the baby’s heart “Look, here it is” she smiled.
“… my baby…” Martha smiled with tears on her eyes and looked at the two men standing next to her and, for a while, for the very first time, she didn’t care who of them the father was because… a live was growing up in her belly anyway.
“It’s a little boy…” Lionel said.
“No, it’s a girl” Jonathan replied.
“Actually it’s…”
“Don’t” Martha said “Please, I don’t want to know it…”
“Are you sure, my dear?” Lionel asked holding her hand.
“Don’t call that to my wife” Jonathan said removing his hand from her.
“I can call her however I wish, you’re not together anymore!”
“I better leave you a while…” the doctor said leaving her office.
“Guys, please…” Martha said standing up.
“Because of your fault!” Jonathan shouted “You took advantage of our problems to bed her! And then you spied me!”
“I never forced her! And obviously you did it all on your own with your exwife”
“Guys, please!” Martha finally shouted and they both shut up.
“I was going to come alone because since you both know the truth I couldn’t came just with one of you… and I knew this would happen if I came with the two…” she broke down and began to cry “I’m sorry… this is all my fault… I… I never wanted to lie you Jonathan… but I did, and now I’m pregnant and I don’t know who the father is… You two can choose between share the months that last until the born with me, or if you want to wait until the DNA tests… but I don’t want anyone to argue… alright?!”
They both nodded and Martha put back her clothes before the doctor came into the office again.
“Is everything alright?” she asked.
“It is, doctor. Thank you for everything… we’ll be back for the next visit”
“The three of you?” she wondered with trembling voice.
“I hope so…” Martha said smiling and going out followed by the two men.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
A limousine was waiting for Lionel outside, and he offered to drive Martha at home, but she denied. She was going into a taxi, when Jonathan appeared driving the van.
“Can I take you home?” he asked.
“Lionel asked me the same…” she told.
“Come on…”
“Alright” she sighted apologizing the taxi driver and going into the red van.
“So… how are you?” he asked.
“Fine… My father received me better than I hoped…” she told “but as always he has too much work to do to talk with me…”
“You could come back home…” he suddenly said stopping the car in front of the Clark’s house and looking at her.
“Jonathan… everything’s so recent yet that…”
“Clark misses you at home… we both miss you…” he told “It will maybe be hard at the beginning, but we’ve overcome worst things…” he said “I… I forgive you Martha… I don’t care what happened with Lionel if you say you still loving me… I won’t even care if the baby is his because I know we’ll raise it together…”
“I love you, Jonathan… and I know you can forgive me because you’re a wonderful man… but the problem is that I can’t forgive myself… I… I hurt you and I’m not proud of what I did… I really need some time and it has just happened a couple weeks since everything came out…” she kissed his cheek and left the car.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Thu May 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah it's kinda odd...that baby has TOO many Fathers at the moment... it's not a good deal, isn't it? *giggle*

Pooooor baby! Baby boy or baby girl? Pink or blue? I'm still wondering how could she be patient and willing to wait until the birth! If I was her, I would have been so eager to know... Shocked

I'm kinda happy she's living with her father... I think the baby will be safer... after all Lex is not marrying Helen and Clark can't do that mess having her end up in the hospital...or can he? Rolling Eyes

Jonathan was sweet, but I'd rather wish he stays away from her...lol so we can finally have some Mionel! I love you

KISSES!

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi!!! This is just a Martha-Lex moment, nothing important… but… well… I’m not very inspired for my fics now… but I’m having new ideas I’d love to begin but I can’t because I have a lot of not-finished stories… so… I’ll try to update some today… Kisses!!!

Destiny - 47

Martha had listened to the door bell rang and wondered who could be visiting her father on a Sunday.
“Who are you boy?” Martha listened her father’s voice saying.
“I’m Lex Luthor, Mr. Clark… I’d love it if you could let me see my mother, please…”
“What mother?”
“Dad, please… let him come in…” Martha smiled from the corridor.
“Mom!” Lex exclaimed running towards her and embracing her.
“Who the hell is him? He’s not Clark!”
“No dad, he’s not Clark… He’s Lex, Lionel’s son…”
“Why does he call you mom…”
“It’s a long story… Would you like some tea, sweetheart?” she asked looking at Lex.
“Sure, I’d love it”
Martha asked Sarah to prepare them something for drink and they went to the terrace.
“I remember this house…” he said “… we one came with the helicopter, did we?”
“Yeah” she giggled “Your father loved doing big entrances…” she sighted dreamy “So tell me hon, how are you?”
“Fine… I’m…” he blushed “I’m dating someone, I think…”
“You think? Who’s her?”
“She’s a doctor at the Smallville’s hospital… I think you know her, she’s Helen Bryce…”
“Oh, sure… she attended me when I got ill… she’s a very nice woman, Lex… I’m very happy for you…”
“Well… it’s not that serious yet… but I’d like to do… you know… a step forwards…”
“Oh gosh! Are you going to ask her to marry you?”
“I’m not sure… but she makes me very happy”
Right then the old woman took them a couple of cups, some tea, milk, lemonade, cookies, cake, muffins…
“Wow!” Lex exclaimed “At the mansion servants never serves tea like this…”
“Sarah tough me everything I know about cooking…” Martha smiled to the woman “…except the recipe of her chocolate cookies…”
“I told you Miss… I won’t give that recipe to anyone until the day I can’t make them anymore…” she smiled too and left.
Suddenly Martha noticed Lex was looking at her with a weird feel on his eyes.
“What’s the matter?” she asked.
“Nothing… it’s just that… You seem happy in here…”
“Why shouldn’t I be…?”
“Dad told me that… nothing…”
“Lex…”
He sighted. “He told me you hated be back at home, and… he wanted me to ask you to come to the mansion with me… I guess he thought you would accept if it was me who…”
“I see… didn’t he tell you anything else…?” she asked, and he rolled his eyes. Martha sighted. “Jonathan and I talked about this with Clark yesterday, he took it very bad but he had to know… and I think you should too… Lex… your father and I…”
“Yes… Dad told me your baby can be his…”
“Did him?”
“Yes… the truth this is why I came… I needed to know if he was lying or not…” he looked at her and noticed the worry on her eyes. “It’s fine… I can understand sometimes we can’t control ourselves… I just wish the baby to born wealthy…”
“This is what I wish too…” she said holding his hand.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Thu May 20, 2010 1:17 am

You're cruel, you know that don't you? Well... I see what you're doing and I won't let you do it! I want the baby to born, girl! No joke!

So that's it... Lex and Clark are NOT as close as in Smallville, right? So Clark won't be the BEST man if Lex is willing to marry Helen... and to be honest, he probably won't attend the wedding...right? So Martha has no reason to come back to look for him w/Jonathan... because Martha won't wait any of them at the wedding...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Anyway the parts with Lex and Martha are ALWAYS sweet.... I love them! And Lex is too cute in this fanfic!

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Thu May 20, 2010 1:51 am

Love of a Lifetime wrote:You're cruel, you know that don't you? Well... I see what you're doing and I won't let you do it! I want the baby to born, girl! No joke!

So that's it... Lex and Clark are NOT as close as in Smallville, right? So Clark won't be the BEST man if Lex is willing to marry Helen... and to be honest, he probably won't attend the wedding...right? So Martha has no reason to come back to look for him w/Jonathan... because Martha won't wait any of them at the wedding...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Anyway the parts with Lex and Martha are ALWAYS sweet.... I love them! And Lex is too cute in this fanfic!

No... they are not so close, specially after Martha leaves Jonathan, because somehow the reason she leaves is Lionel, and he is Lex's father... .. . but things can change... we're just on S2 ^^jeje
BTW, about the baby... I'm not really sure of what will happen... I'm thinking on the consequences of both possiblilites and trying to decide which will be the best... .. . ^^
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 pm

It's taken me a couple weeks to reach to the end of the fic
It's cool!! I like the idea of they having been married before, specially because there still beings something special between then and this is great! I wonder what will Martha do. who will she give a new chance? Jonathan or Lionel? I hope the second one LOL I'll keep an eye for your update Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun May 30, 2010 1:54 am

LesbiAnnette wrote:It's taken me a couple weeks to reach to the end of the fic
It's cool!! I like the idea of they having been married before, specially because there still beings something special between then and this is great! I wonder what will Martha do. who will she give a new chance? Jonathan or Lionel? I hope the second one LOL I'll keep an eye for your update Wink

I'm sorry it's taken you so long to read the full fic ^^ but I'm glad you like it and I'll try to update it soon... BTW, I've not decided yet what will happen between Martha and her two men... .. .
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi!!! IT's been a long time, but here is a long new part... the next one should come soon^^

2.23 Exodus (with LOTS of changes, of course)

Martha was getting dressed with a beautiful light-pink dress that hidden the little curve of her belly when listened a familiar voice coming from the hall. She came out her room and from the top of the stairs saw Jonathan, who also noticed her and stood astonished at her view.
“I’m sorry, Miss… he insisted on coming in…” Sarah said apologizing for that intrusion when Martha had asked her not to let anybody come in because she was going to have a shower and her father wasn’t home.
“It’s ok… I’ve finished now, so I can attend my husband myself…”
The servant left and Martha invited Jonathan to come into the library.
“At least I still am your husband…” he said smiling and stepping into the room “I can’t believe I had never been into this house”
“It was complicated… With Clark… and me getting divorced… He would have never understood and I had enough listening to his complains by phone” she told, referring to his father.
“I know…” he was walking around, looking at the hundreds of books on the shelves, some of them very old, at the big wooden desk at the bottom, surely very expensive and with a piece of history on each of its legs, at the original paintings on the walls and the amount of qualifications and prizes exposed anywhere. He realized they didn’t have a place like that in the farm. “Did you miss this?”
“What?” she wondered not understanding his question.
“The luxury, the… degrees” he pointed at the wall and noticed some had Martha’s name on them “you know… your life in the city being a great lawyer and not the wife of a farmer”
“I think we’d already talked about this before, Jonathan… I do miss working sometimes, but I would have never changed my decision because you… and Clark, are the best things I’ve had in my life”
“You still having us” he said.
“I know…” They were one at each side of the room, now “What’s the matter, Jonathan… I have a wedding to attend today, and I’m sure you’ve not come to discuss about something we’ve talked several times at home”
“No, I haven’t… I’ve come because Clark’s been acting very weird these days… he’s not talking to me and this morning when he said goodbye to me I had the feeling I was losing him…”
“He’s a teenager, Jonathan, it’s normal…”
“No… there’s something else and I don’t know what I can do… You know I’m not really good at talking… I thought maybe you could come home or meet him at anytime and, you know… have a chat with him. I thing this situation is really affecting him”
“Alright, there’s no problem… I’ll go to the farm after the party” there was a short silence while Jonathan began to step to the door and suddenly “Jonathan, do you still having our wedding suit?” she asked.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Instead her hair was curled and she was wearing a dress very different than her usual clothes, Lionel easily found Martha among the people in the wedding. He approached her carrying a rose he’d taken from a table and tickles her neck with it to make her turn round.
“Lionel!” she exclaimed facing him and taking the rose to stop him “I hadn’t seen you”
“Neither me… Would you like to dance with me?” he asked offering his hand to her.
“I’m sorry Lionel but… I didn’t came alone…” she told him right when Jonathan came back carrying a glass of water for her and some vine for him.
“Hi, Jonathan” Lionel said trying to seem friendly.
“Mr. Luthor” Jonathan answered politely but coldly.
“I guess you’ve come back together”
“No, Lionel… we haven’t… we’re just trying to be good friends and let things go at their rhythm”
“Then, I still having a chance” he smirked, took her hand and pulled her to the dance floor with him making her turn round while the new song began.
Jonathan stood where he was with the two glasses, and when the song was about to finish, he left them onto the table and approached the couple.
“May I have the next dance?” he said separating them and taking Martha’s hands to follow the waltz that was starting.
Three songs later Martha was again with Lionel and noticed Jonathan ready to come again, but she stopped dancing and said “I’m tired now…” and went to the table where Lex and his new wife were.
“Lex…” she said approaching him.
“Mom… I’m sorry… I haven’t been with you during all the wedding…” he said.
“It’s ok, sweetheart, it’s your wedding day, your special day” she caressed his cheek with wet eyes and then embraced her. When they broke apart he took out from his pocket a compass.
“I’d like to thank Jonathan for his present… he’s been very nice giving me something so attached to his family.
“Well… he knows you’re important to me, and that Clark appreciates your friendship a lot too… so he’s trying to accept you…”
“Where’s Clark, by the way?”
“I think he’s having some troubles… I’m meeting him now to talk with him, don’t be upset with him for not coming, please… he’ll apologize when necessary…” he kissed his cheek again “I’m leaving now, enjoy your honeymoon and take care of yourself, ok?”
“Thank you, mom…” he bended to kiss her belly and then say “Take care of the baby while I’m away”
“I will” she smiled and left without saying goodbye to anybody else.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Jonathan came back from talking with Lex, who’d thanked him his present. He was sending a message with his mobile phone, when nearly crashed with Lionel.
“I thought she was with you” he said.
“She isn’t” Jonathan said “I’ve just talked with your son… she left twenty minutes ago”
“Oh… I see… I guess she got tired of our tennis game with her” Lionel said “Would you like to have a drink?”
“With you?!”
“Yeah… come on! We’re sharing a baby, I guess we can share a bottle of good wine too, don’t we?”
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
It happened in a few seconds… Clark put the false octagonal piece made with kryptonite on the space ship when received a message on his phone: “Mom’s coming to talk with you. Be at home”
He panicked. Tried to take the key out, but he couldn’t… it was too late… He ran out from the cellar and saw his mother coming out her car right when the explosion began.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“She’s a great woman” Lionel said after their third toast for Martha.
“She really is… I don’t understand how she could marry such a cruel man like you” Jonathan muttered.
“I can either understand how she changed me for a farmer who can’t pay his own bills” Lionel let go laughing.
“For her pure heart!” Jonatahn toasted, and Lionel raised his glass too, when a mobile suddenly rang and Lionel checked his. “I think it’s mine” Jonathan said, and he answered the call “Yeah?”
“Dad?”
“Clark, son! Are you ok? Has your mother already arrived to the farm?”
“Dad, we’re in the hospital… I… I didn’t want to do it… I… I’m sorry”
“Clark, what’s the matter?!!” Jonathan exclaimed noticing the crying and worry on his son’s voice.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, you're so cruel...how is Martha? Sad

I totally loved Lionel in this part... the way he thinkled her neck with the rose was...wooooooooonderful ^^ awww
Their dance game was funny...loooooooooooooooooooool

“Thank you, mom…” he bended to kiss her belly and then say “Take care of the baby while I’m away”
“I will” she smiled and left without saying goodbye to anybody else.

This piece is amazing, I love their relationship so much...and I bet Lex will punch Clark if she lost the baby as I'm afraid she did...

Oh, I can't image how broken Lionel and Martha will be if it's true... Crying or Very sad

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:55 pm

I had just begun this part, but since I left so mystery at the end of the last one… and I’m really into the plot today… I’m going to continue with Destiny.

3.1 Exile – As you know… three months later… .. . (it will go fast/jumping scenes)

Jonathan couldn’t believe his eyes when saw Martha’s car driving into the farm. Since Clark had gone they had been in contact just by phone. He climbed down the van full of boxes and approached the car while she came out.
“Is everything alright?” he wondered.
“I’ve seen him, Jonathan” she said.
“What?”
“Pete was right, Johnathan, he is the robber the newspapers talk about! I was in front of the bank when this happened…” she showed him the Daily Planet with the article about the bank robbery.
“Oh my gosh! Are you alright?”
“Of course, I am… shut up and listen to me, Jonathan… Our son is in Metropolis, we can find him and take him back”
“He doesn’t want to come back”
“I’m not going to discuss about this again… Maybe you don’t understand but, I can’t lose another son!” she cried out with tears on her eyes “If you don’t want to help me, then I’ll go to find him on my own” she replied coming back into the car upset and driving away, leaving Jonathan with the newspaper on his hands.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………......

Three months ago…

“Dad, I’m sorry… I didn’t wanted to hurt her, I didn’t wanted to hurt anybody… I just wanted to stop that voice… and be free” Clark muttered on his father’s embrace.
“It’s not your fault, Clark”
“I didn’t know she was coming… I swear I tried to stop it when I read the message, but it was too late! I ran towards her and tried to protect her, but… the explosion was so big… What have I done, dad?” he was destroyed, and then a doctor approached them.
“Mr. Kent…”
“Tell me the truth, doc, please”
“We’ve been able to stop the hemorrhage, but the fetus is very weak… I’m very sorry to say this but, there’s nothing we can do…”
“You mean she will miscarry?”
The doctor nodded “In other circumstances we would induce it… but right now it could be dangerous for her… If she doesn’t miscarry in the next 24hours, we’ll take her to the operating room”
“Can we… can we see her?”
“She is under observation… but…” he noticed the needing on Jonathan’s eyes “Just one person”
Jonathan looked at his son. “Would you like to…”
“No, dad… better you go… I… I’m leaving now…”
“But, Clark…” but the boy was already walking to the emergency door and his father notices the draft of his son running away before the door closed. When he turned round to start his way to Martha’s room he met Lionel.
“What did the doctor said?” he wondered.
“She’ll lose the baby” Jonathan muttered.
“What?! Not again! It will kill her…” he collapsed and his body felt onto one of the chairs.
“Have you been able to contact Lex?”
“No… the Luthor Jet doesn’t answer… they must be in the middle of a storm…”
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Three months later…

Martha was going out when met Jonathan.
“I’ll find our son” he said.
“I thought you didn’t want to”
“I’ve understand he’s not himself right now and… you won’t be able to stop him right now”
“What do you mean?”
“It’s long to tell but… I’ve had a chat with Jor-El”
“Jonathan… you shouldn’t have…”
“I’ll be back with our son” he said kissing her forehead and suddenly disappearing with super-speed.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Jonathan meets Clark at Lionel’s office and they fight, and the red-kryptonite ring is destroyed, and Clark comes back to himself.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Martha, sweetheart… you should go to bed… is very late”
“No, dad… Jonathan’s said me he would come with Clark”
“But it’s nearly midnight, dear…” Right then the door bell rang and Martha ran to the door. There was Jonathan, who stepped to one side letting her see their dear son.
“Clark!” She said with a very weak voice and a cry, embracing him strongly.
“Mom… I’m sorry… I never wanted to hurt you”
“It’s ok, Clark… I would never blame you…” and she broke her embrace taking his hand and placing it on her belly to make him notice her baby was alright.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 pm

OMGGGGGGGG!!!! Is it real???? The baby is safe! *bowing to you*

Thank you!!!!

I see Lionel did something to help her, did he not?

It doesn't matter...I'm happy the baby is alright!

Can't wait for some new Lionel/Martha interactions Smile

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 am

I hate this part… because it’s ALL Monathan… but it was necessary… I’ll try to put some Mionel on the next part!! ^^ Hope you like it!!! Kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny - I’ve lost count on how many parts I’ve written for this ffic… but I do know they are lots more than I expected XD
(3.02Phoenix /1 . Really VERY CHANGED from the series)

Through the window they could just see the dark night, but Martha had made tea and served something to eat.
“We should be going” Jonathan said while she was serving the cups.
“Why don’t you stay here tonight” she asked looking at him without raising her head.
“I don’t think it’s a good idea, your father…”
“My dad won’t care, Jonathan… We’ve had plenty of time to talk, he wants things to be different between us, and I want it too…” she gave him a cup and some biscuits, and sat down on the couch next to Clark.
Jonathan noticed how she leaned her back on Clark, how her fingers looked for his hand on the couch and once they’d found it, she held it sweetly but strongly, like making sure he was there and not going anywhere.
“Alright” Jonathan said “I guess it’s too late to drive back home” Both Martha and Clark smiled. “Tomorrow’s… Lex’… funeral… isn’t it?” he asked very slowly, like trying his words to not take remembers back.
“It is” Martha said hiding a cry that was coming out “On the morning”
“I thought they hadn’t found the airplane” Clark commented.
“They didn’t… but Helen has gone very fast to declare him dead”
“You say it like if…”
“I don’t know what to think… but Lionel is sure she has something to do with it, he says her version is just a tale and that she had planned everything…” her eyes filled with tears, but she dried them before they came out “I just know he’s gone and… I loved him like a son, I really did” she finally broke down.
“I know mom, it’s ok” Clark embraced her, caressing her belly with his hand, and she calmed down.
“The doctor said you were losing it” he suddenly muttered, trying to distract her from Lex’ remember and still not believing the baby was alright.
“I just was very lucky” she said “I thank God for saving my baby every day”
“The doctors Lionel made come at the early morning from St. Louis also helped” Jonathan pointed.
“Did he? I guess he has very different faces…” Clark said.
“What do you mean?”
“Being in Metropolis…” he began to tell “I met a man, Morgan Edge… he asked me to steal something for him from Lionel Luthor’s safe…”
“What was it?” Jonathan asked.
“I still having it” he took out from his pocket a vile with blood and showed it to his parents.
“What’s that?” Martha wondered.
“I think it’s my blood… the one that disappeared from the hospital.
“Are you sure?”
“It reacts against the kryptonite… it must be”
“Why did Lionel have it?”
“We don’t need to ask that, Martha… He’s Lionel Luthor…” Jonathan said regaining that rage on his tone of voice when talking about Lionel.
“Better we destroy it, Clark… and if Lionel is investigating you, I promise I’ll discover it on time” Martha declared “Now… let’s go to bed”

They went upstairs and Martha showed Clark the first room on the left, a big room with a bed, a television, a couch, a big bathroom…
“Is this the guest room?”
“One of them” she answered closing the door and letting her son enjoy his surprise while she showed Jonathan the other room.

“This one doesn’t have a bathroom, but you can use Clark one if you want to have a shower on the morning…” she said opening the cupboard to take some sheets because the bed wasn’t made. “I’m sorry… My dad doesn’t have guests very often so he never asks Sarah to have all the beds prepared”
“It’s ok” he said helping her to make it.
“Jonathan… about these last weeks… I wouldn’t like you to have the impression that I was upset with you”
“I don’t” he lied.
“… I didn’t came to the farm because… Clark wasn’t there and… going there remembered it to me and… that plus Lex being disappeared, and the problems with the baby…”
“Problems? Did you have any more problems?”
“No, I didn’t… but, you know… I’ve been very worried after learn I’d nearly lose it… It was too much to bear”
“I understand” he said holding her hand and making her sit down on the mid-made bed. “Martha… I just want you to know that even if you decide to not come back with me again, I still being here for you and if you need me for anything, you just have to ask… alright?”
“This is being so complicated” she said almost crying “It’s not that I don’t like being here but, I feel so lonely… my dad’s always busy and the servants have work to do… When I’m alone with Lionel I feel like if I was betraying you and… when I’m with you…” she suddenly stopped and faced Jonathan… they were so close from each other.
“Yes?”
“When I’m with you I can’t take what happened out from my mind…”
“Then… let’s just try to start again, from the beginning, like we were going to do three months ago” Martha smiled in agreement and Jonathan stood up “Hi, I’m Jonathan Kent, can I sit down?”
“I guess so” Martha said giggling and following the game.
“I’m a farmer… I have a little farm in Smallville. I would love taking you there someday”
“It would be lovely”
“Oh, sorry… you are?”
“Martha… Martha Clark” she said not stopping to smile.
“I love your name! It sounds as nice as your eyes look…” he came closer and caressed her hair “Martha… can I kiss your lips?”
“I guess so” she said in a low voice, nearly a whisper… closing her eyes and letting their lips to be taste by his mouth. Then she stood up. “I should go, now” she said.
“Will I see you again?” he asked, still playing.
“On the morning…” she said walking to the door “Will you manage with the sheets?”
“After kissing you I would manage with anything!”

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:14 pm

DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 114916 I love the sweet part about Clark/Martha Very Happy
It's lovely! About Monathan... DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 100206 it's not to bad, I don't hate Jonathan in this fanfic... but I love more Lionel and Mionel of course!
Jonathan / Clark / Martha are still a family, you can see it!
I would not mind to read something about Mr. Clark as well soon DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 779584
Can't wait for some Mionel interaction...meanwhile... DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 576984 bye!!!
ps: do you like the new smilies I added? Very Happy

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi^^ I finally couldn’t finish yesterday… but I had some free time on the morning! I’m sorry because Lionel won’t look so nice in this part…

Destiny – Exile & Phoenix

Clark came out from the room still sleepy and went downstairs looking for his mother, but the first person he met was the tall and gray-haired William Clark in the sitting-room, drinking some coffee and reading the newspaper.
“Sorry” Clark apologized after have opened the doors without knocking, disturbing the silence, and stepping back.
“You can come in, son” the man said “Sit down, please” Mr. Clark left the newspaper on the tea table and offered Clark a sit in front of him “Would you like some breakfast? Sarah?!” he called the servant before let the boy answer, and the lady appeared on the door right after Clark had sit down “Could you take something to eat for my grandson, please? Maybe some cakes and tea? Would you like anything else, son?”
“No… thanks” Clark said shyly and staring at the man that was his grandfather.
“We didn’t have lots of time to talk the first time we met, Clark… I’d like to know more about you… what do you do, what do you like… You’ve really had my daughter very worried these weeks you’ve been gone… but I know what being a teenager is, and I’m sure you just needed a break to think on your own thinks…” he spoke without giving Clark the chance to even think what to reply “Tell me, son… have you been able to clear your ideas?” When his words finished it came an uncomfortable silence for Clark, something that William didn’t seem to notice.
“Well… I… I guess I’ve understood I still needing my mother, my family…”
“That’s something very nice to listen, sweetheart” Martha’s voice suddenly said carrying a tray with pancakes with sugar and a cup of hot chocolate that she left in front of Clark.
“Why are you carrying this?” her father wondered.
“Because Sarah said Clark was down and I told her I would make my son’s breakfast, dad… like I always do” she kissed Clark’s forehead and sat on the arm of the couch.
“Thanks mom”
“I pay Sarah to do these things, Martha… You know I don’t like you walking around the kitchen, even less in your state”
“I’m pregnant, daddy, not disabled… and you know I don’t care where you like me to be or not” she replied in a childish tone that made Clark giggled “I’ll leave you alone to chat about male things…” she said standing up “I should be getting dress for the funeral”

When Martha was going into her room, Jonathan came out from his.
“Hi” he said.
“Morning” she said smiling while the memory of yesterday’s kiss came to her mind. “You can go downstairs to have breakfast… Clark’s talking with my dad…”
“Oh… better I wait to come down, then…” he said opening the door of his room again.
“Oh, come on, Jonathan… it happened years ago…”
“I don’t care… I don’t need any word with him”
“Alright” she sighted opening her door and inviting him to come in.
He questioned her gesture with a glance, she smiled, and he came in.
Martha walked to her wardrobe and took out a dress, a pair of trousers and a blouse… everything was black. “What should I wear?” she asked.
“The dress” he said taking it from the bed and handing it to her.
“Jonathan, I’d like to talk about what happened tonight” she said taking off the top of her pajama.
“I’d never say we would end up talking about a kiss” he said turning around to not see her.
“The fact is that… we’ve spent lots of things together… and with Clark… and that I’ve been missing you a lot all the time I’ve been here…” she came closer to him and showed her back asking him to help her with the zip “Jonathan… if you can forget me for my mistakes, I’d love to come back home with you” He zipped her dress and held her shoulders making her turn around to face him.
“You don’t need to ask, Martha…” he took her hands and kissed them sweetly “but there’s something you should know…” Then someone knocked the door.
“Come in” she said.
“Mom… it’s half ten, we should be leaving” Clark advise.
“Right” she put her shoes on and grabbed a man’s black jacket from a chair “Here, Clark… it’s your granddad’s but I’m sure it will fit you” she handed him the jacket and looked at Jonathan “Are you sure you’re not coming?”
“I’m not dress like to attend a funeral and… well… you’ll be ok with Clark”
They went downstairs and Mr. Clark was in the hall.
“Dad, we’re leaving now…”
“Will you be back for lunch?”
“I don’t think so”
“Then… what if we have dinner together, the four of us” William Clark said gazing at Jonathan “we could forget old times and just talk about the weather”
“It would be lovely, daddy” she said kissing his cheek “We’ll be here at seven”
“Martha…” Jonathan reply.
“We all will, dad” she said taking her husband’s hand and leaving the house.
“Mom…” Clark said while they drove out of the house right behind Jonathan’s car “What the matter between dad and… granddad?” he asked, realizing it was the first time he used that word “You’ve never told me”
“It was the day I came to tell my father I was divorcing Lionel and staying at a friend’s house… your father came with me but waited outside.”

… … … … … … … … … … … … …
“I can’t believe you still defending Lionel after knowing what he did!”
“What does it matter what he did, Martha? He has money, he has a house and he’s given you more than this farmer will give you in all his life”
“You’re wrong, dad!”
“I can’t believe you’ve left an excellent husband to end up in the bed of a farmer!”
“He’s just a friend! Oh! It’s impossible talking with you!” she yelled “Bye!” and she opened the entrance door where Jonathan was waiting for her.
“Are you ok?” he asked.
“I didn’t pay you all those colleges to end up as anybody’s whore!”
“Sir, I don’t think…” Jonathan muttered trying to say he was sure he didn’t mean his words, but William Clark interrupted him.
“Are you the farmer?”
“Dad, pl-…” Martha said standing between them, but his father raised his hand aggressively and slapped her unwillingly. Jonathan stepped forwards while Martha caressed her burning cheek and punched the white-haired man without thinking it twice.
“Let’s go” he later said holding Martha’s arm while they walk to the car.

… .. .. .. … … … … …

“Dad could never forgive him for talking to me like that… and my father was too stubborn to let that punch go… I did call him a few weeks later… but anyway, as my relationship with Jonathan got closer, I had to reduce my contact with my father because you were becoming part of my life and your powers were something your granddad would never understand”
As they reached the end of the story, they reached the graveyard and the crowd of people around the empty coffin.
Martha spent the full ceremony gazing at Lionel, and Lionel staring at her. Clark had his eyes fixed on Lana, and she looked at him a couple times too. When the priest speech end and everybody was leaving, Clark told Martha he was leaving and she saw him following the girl, and Martha stayed there, staring that empty wooden box, asking the gods why he was gone.
“How are you?” Lionel voice asked from her back.
“Fine” she said harshly and without turning around.
“I’m happy to see Clark’s back” he said “This must have relieved you from Lex’ death”
“Nothing can relieve the lost of a son, Lionel… you know it as good as I do” she said walking away.
“What’s the matter?” he asked stepping faster and standing in front of her making her stop “What have I done this time?”
“Stop spying my family, Lionel. I’m really glad you worry so much for me, but I don’t need anybody controlling each step of my son or my husband” she said, not able to make him know she knew about the blood he was keeping from her son, because maybe Lionel didn’t know who it came from.
“You talk like if you’d came back together”
“We have” she said.
“Oh… I see… Then you must know that the bank is keeping the farm and your dear Jonathan has nowhere to go”
“What?!”
“Oups… you didn’t know it, what a fool I am!” he said sarcastically while Martha stepped faster to the car.
“Leave me alone, Lionel!”
“Martha, please… I really thought you knew!” he sounded honestly “See you on Wednesday for the baby ultrasound, then!”
Martha sat down on her car not believing what she’d listen. Why hadn’t Jonathan told her such a thing? She couldn’t let him lose the farm his family had own for three generations! She started the car and suddenly felt the cold touch of metal on her neck.
“Hello, ma’am” a strange man’s voice said. She looked from the mirror and saw a man with a scarf on his face sitting on the back and aiming her with a gun.
“Who are you?” she wondered, but then someone opened the passenger’s door and came in sitting next to her. It was a blonde man carrying another gun.
“Hi, Mrs. Kent… Please, don’t worry about us, it wouldn’t be good for your pregnancy. We’re good friends of your son”
“What do you want?”
“Right now, we just want you to drive us to your house… not the nice mansion of you father, but the farm of your husband… Come on, let’s go”

TO BE CONTINUED…

I thought that since Jonathan couldn't have gone to talk with Martha's father in this fic, their problems had to come from some other "incident"... .. . I'll post the next part tonight^^ See you!!
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Lionel was not that bad either... he wasn't meant to react nicely to such a news. He was mad and fool, I loved it! DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 258864

“I didn’t pay you all those colleges to end up as anybody’s whore!”
Great minds think alike! I've already written a part of the new chapter for Ancient Love about something like this...I guess you'll read it soon Smile

Thanks for adding Mr. Clark! I really love to read and write about him for some reason !

Why hadn’t Jonathan told her such a thing?
He used to hide plenty of things in SV.. so no surprise to read it, even if I feel he was about to tell her when Clark came in.

Can't wait for some Mionel interaction!

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:35 pm

I couldn’t resist… I made Jonathan say what I think he should have said on the original episode and… I really couldn’t resist… I changed a little the heroine of the story this time.

Destiny – whatever chapter is it - Phoenix

Jonathan was in the fields when saw Martha’s car coming into the farm followed by a limousine. He guessed it was Lionel and wondered why she was coming with him. Maybe there was something wrong with the baby…
He approached them the faster he could with the tractor and saw a blonde man coming out from Martha’s car and helping her to come down, then one guy came out from the car and another one from the limousine. When he reached them, Jonathan could notice the guns they were carrying and the fear on Martha’s face.
“What’s the meaning of this?” he asked coming down.
“Nice to miss you, Mr. Kent” Morgan Edge said “We were just getting to know each other with your wife… Can we go into the house?”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Clark came back home after talking with Lana and saw a familiar limousine parked in the front, next to his mother’s car. He knew who would be waiting for him… and then he heard his voice.
“Kal? Or should I be calling you Clark, now?” Morgan Edge said from the barn’s entrance.
“What are you doing here?”
“I was just meeting your parents” and he moved apart and let him see Jonathan tied up to a chair and being aimed by one of the gangsters. Clark stepped forwards but Edge stopped him “I wouldn’t do it, son”
“No, Clark!” Jonathan shouted “Help your mother, they –” the guy of the gun hit him and Jonathan shut up.
“You listened to your father…” he made Clark looked to the house “I know you can look inside” and so did Clark, and he saw his mother with that little life in her belly growing up, sitting on the couch and being aimed by another guy. “I know you’re very fast, but I’m sure not so fast to save the both of them. So, instead you want to choose between mummy or daddy…”
“Save her, Clark” Jonathan muttered with weak voice.
Clark looked at him, but he couldn’t… he was not able to leave his father die.
“What do you want?”
“I want what I ask you to steal from Lionel Luthor’s safe”
“I don’t have it anymore” he confessed.
“Ok… then you’ll have to think on something, kid… because Lionel’s going to be mad if I don’t give it back to him… and since I can’t make it pay to you, I guess I could relieve myself with one of your parents… your mom, maybe… yeah… a bullet would really fit in that hot bitch’s head!” Edge yelled angrily.
“Alright!” Clark said “I… I’ll give you what Lionel wants”
“Clark, don’t!” Jonathan yelled, but Clark already walked to the drawer and took the piece of kryptonite.
Once Edge had the blood on his hands, his guys made sure Clark wouldn’t leave anywhere and he left the farm.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Excuse me, but I need to go to the toilet” Martha said.
“That’s a very old trick, ma’am” the guy with the scar on his face said, looking how his boss drove away the farm.
“I’m pregnant… I really need to go? Will you let me do it here, on the sofa, in front of you? Do you really want me to humiliate me like this?” she said with tears on her eyes “Like if it wasn’t enough being in the middle of this situation with this six-month belly on me!”
“Alright!” the guy finally desisted, helping her to stand up and walking with her to the bathroom’s door.
“I’m sorry, but…” she raised her hands to show him the rope around them “I won’t be able to do anything like this”
He untied her and waited at the door, then he listened a strong noise and Martha saying “Help!”. The man opened the door, she was half naked on the floor… she’d surely felt down so he knelt down leaving his gun to help her to stand up.
“Are you -?” but before he could finish, she grabbed the gun and hit his head with it.
Martha stood up with big efforts because of her belly and put the skirt of her dress down again. She took the rope she’d been tied up with, and not able to move the unconscious body of the man, he tied him to a wipe of the wall. Then she went out the house carrying the gun with her.
She could have called the police but, what were they going to tell… that her son had been dealing with gangsters? No… they could easily relation Clark with any of the last robberies in the city and she didn’t want that. She walked into the barn and saw Clark laying on the floor and Jonathan tied up to a chair and gagged…
“Clark!” She yelled kneeling next to him, instinctively trying to take the kryptonite away from him, but then she felt a hand grabbing her hair and pulling her up. “You’re really brave, ma’am” the guy said “What’s happened to my friend?”
“He felt asleep” she joked while he grabbed her arms so she couldn’t fight anymore… but then, he suddenly released her. Martha turned round and met Lana, and the guy holding a part of his body that must had hurt if she’d really kicked him there. He tried to hit Lana, but she kicked him again and he felt down. Meanwhile, Martha kept the kryptonite away from Clark.
“Are you ok?” Lana wondered looking at Mrs. Kent and Clark, and untying Jonathan after making sure the guy was unconscious.
“We are” Martha said… “Thank you, Lana”
“Who was this guy?”
“Robbers” Jonathan quickly answered.
And while Lana helped Martha to come back inside, because she’d began to feel painful, Jonathan told Clark that Edge had left with the blood.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Are you feeling better?” Jonathan asked coming in after the police had taken those two guys with them, and Lana had left.
“I will, after a long sleep” she said.
“You shouldn’t have done it” Jonathan said “You could have got hurt…”
“I let a gangster see me naked to help you and our son and you can’t even say thanks to me?” she said sitting down.
“I’m sorry... thanks Martha” he left a soft kiss on his lips “You’re a really brave woman, but don’t do it again…” he sat down next to her “I’d like to offer you a cup of tea, but you must have already notice that all the cupboards are empty.
“I have” she said “Jonathan, why didn’t you tell me you were having financial problems again? I would have helped you…”
“That’s why I didn’t tell you… I didn’t want you to think I was asking for money…”
“But Jonathan… this is your home… it’s your grandfather’s farm… you can’t renounce to it so easily” she said holding her hands “Let me help you”
“Asking for the money to your father again, no thanks…”
“Oh, why the hell are you so stubborn?!” she yelled out right when Clark opened the door and came in.
“Clark! What happened?” Martha asked looking at his son’s tore up clothes.
“There was an explosion… and I didn’t arrive in time to stop Morgan Edge giving the blood to Li-” for some reason Clark stop talking and stayed looking at the window behind his parents for a while.
“What’s the…” Jonathan muttered turning round “Oh my… Martha!”
Martha turned round and looked at the window… and saw Lex coming to the door.
Not believing what her eyes were seeing, not able to control her trembling body and the emotions on her heart – after all, in 24 hours Clark had came back to her life, she’d come back with Jonathan, her father had made a step forwards in their family relation, she’d assisted to her son’s funeral, she’d been kidnapped, and now… the son she’d buried in the morning had came back to life -, Martha fainted.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Pooooooooooor Martha...too many emotions!

I hope the baby won't be affected by it all :'(

I like that she and Lana were the ones who solved the situation, but Jonathan almost didn't even thank her... DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 166846

So finally her family is fully reunited!!!

Is Lex gonna say that it was Lionel's fault in front of Martha? Does Martha believe there's some good left in Lionel? I'm afraid no... but I don't think she will believe that Lionel did it all, she will still believe Helen did it.

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 pm

I don’t use to title the chapters, and even less in this fic, but this chapter really deserved a title!!

Destiny – 53 (I count them^^) – FAMILY REUNION

When she opened her eyes she found herself lying in her old bedroom… not the one she’d use as a refuge when she was a teenager, but the one she’d shared with her husband for more than twelve years.
She looked at herself in the mirror… She was still wearing her black dress… no shoes… She looked pale, but she’d had a lovely dream where Lex came back from his honeymoon. Slowly, weakly, she opened the door and came downstairs. While she stepped she could hear the whisper of a nice conversation. Jonathan was laughing… but there was another voice giggling… a voice that must be coming from the memory of her dream, because was from someone that wasn’t alive.
She came into the kitchen, and there he was… Lex… Alive… Standing between Jonathan and Clark… The three of them seemed to be taking the things from the boxes back to the cupboards.
She said nothing… She wasn’t even sure of being breathing… She stayed there, in the frame door, paralyzed and staring that ghost that moved like if it was real.
After what was an eternity for her, it was Clark who suddenly noticed her presence and looked at her.
“Mom…” he muttered. And the other two men stopped their jobs to gaze at her too.
“Martha… do you feel better?” Jonathan wondered approaching her while her eyes filled with tears without stop staring at the red-haired boy in the room.
Lex seemed to be as petrified as Martha, and not able to say a word.
“Why don’t you sit down?” Jonathan suggested, holding her arm and making her sit on the closest chair “I’ll take you some tea…” but she grabbed his hand strongly to not let him leave, while a kind of fear was drawn on her face.
It was then when Lex stepped forwards and knelt down in front of Martha, looking into her wet eyes, resting a hand on her knee and drying a tear that was falling down with the other. Martha released Jonathan’s hand and cupped Lex’s face like making sure he was for real, and not the ghost from her dreams.
“Mum, it’s me… I’m sorry you had to cry my death, but I’m fine… the jet crashed, but I survived and I’m fine… I didn’t want to scare you coming back like this, but… please… say something…” he said, breaking down into tears too.
“I asked your father to not stop the search” she suddenly said with a weak voice among her sobs “I couldn’t believe you were gone…” she rounded his neck with her arms and began to cry harder.
“These are not the only… good… news, Martha” Jonathan said giving a strange tone to that adjective, not really sure of his own feelings about what he had to tell her. Martha broke down the hug to take from Jonathan a cup of hot tea and some papers. She wet her lips while reading the deed of the house, again with Jonathan as the owner.
“What’s this?” she asked.
“Lex’ has paid the debts to the bank” he explained.
“It’s my way to say thank you, Mr. Kent… I owe a lot to you and your family”
“You can call me Jonathan, son” he said receiving a nod of agreement from the red-haired boy.
“Oh, Lex… you needn’t…” Martha muttered.
“Don’t say anything, mum… Jonathan and Clark have already told me that the baby’s safe, and that you’re coming back home… so we should be celebrating everything” he helped her to stand up and they embraced again. Then, the door bell rang.
“I’m going” Clark offered himself, and a while later he came back followed by Mr. Clark.
“Dad?!” Martha exclaimed “What are you doing in here?!”
“Well… your husband called me to cancel our dinner telling me what had happened, so I decided we could have the dinner in here… Is that ok, Jonathan?”
“That’s great, granddad” Clark answered in place of his father, who was speechless after so friendliness coming from his father-in-law.
And while Martha and Lex prepared the table for the dinner, Clark went out to help his grandfather to take the food from the limousine and Jonathan followed them.
“Jonathan…” Mr. Clark suddenly said after making sure they were alone in the hall “These weeks I’ve spent with my daughter I’ve not just understand how much happy she’s been in this farm, but also how much I’ve been missing her… I really don’t want to spend another twelve years without talking with my daughter, and I know that forgiving you is the price I have to pay” he offered his hand to Jonathan, who after hesitate, accepted it.
“I know I can be very stubborn sometimes and maybe we’ve really taken a little incident of years ago very far…” Jonathan said “Martha is my life, Mr. Clark… I want you to know it, because if anything like that conversation happens again, I’m going to defend her in the same way I did”
Once everybody was sitting down, and the food was on the table, Martha stood up to serve the dishes when the lights of a car blinded her from a while. Since she was already standing, she walked to the door and waited for Lionel Luthor to come out from his limousine.
“I think I’m not wrong supposing the fool of my son is in here, I am?”
“You shouldn’t talk like that about him, Lionel… he’s been missing for three months!”
“Well… I was happier this morning, when I was still thinking he was dead and the Luthor Corps’ accounts were still intact”
“Oh…” Martha said understanding.
“Excuse me”
“He’s bought the debt of the farm” she told “Please, Lionel… don’t… don’t be mad with him, I’ll give you the money back”
“Why would you?”
“Because Jonathan’s not accepting my dad’s money, but he did accept Lex’ present… Please, Lionel”
“I don’t need your money… I was just wondering why he’d taken it without asking and the first day he’s come back to life… I was afraid he’d given it to his new wife…” he told “But if it was for you, then… it doesn’t matter…” he stepped back to the car.
“Have you had dinner?” she asked.
“I was just going home”
“Why don’t you come in… we’re all the family together and… it just misses you” she came inside and gazed back to make sure he was following her. “Guys, we have another guest so… let’s make some room in the table”
Clark wasn’t very happy to see Lionel, neither was Jonathan… since they now were sure he was investigating Clark, even if he didn’t knew who owned the blood. But Martha seemed so happy that none of them dared to say anything… and anyway, having Lionel close could be the better way to keep his investigations away from Clark.
Martha went to the kitchen to take another dish and cutlery for Lionel and when she came back she saw he was talking with her father about economy, Lex was telling his adventure to Clark and Jonathan had a sweet kiss waiting for her. Martha sat down after serve everybody’s plate and caressed her belly thinking on the wonderful family her kid would have.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:45 pm

wow I can't believe it...53 parts! DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 779584
This part was so sweeeeet, I love so much their mother/son relationship (Lex/Martha)
but it seems like she wants to believe that the baby will be grown by 2 fathers... I'm afraid it will be impossible...
but it's so nice to read about them being happy like a normal family...it reminded me of the thanksgiving dinner!
What about Lionel's liver disease? I mean...in a few part he should receive the bad news DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 55850 ...(it wasn't showed in SV though)

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Destiny – 54

“Everything looks excellent with the baby, Martha… so unless you feel any pain or anything weird, we don’t need to meet until the birth date” the doctor said.
“Are you sure everything’s ok?” Lionel wondered.
“Yesterday she fainted at home” Jonathan told.
“She’s passed for a lot of stress and big emotions this last week” Lionel commented.
“We wouldn’t like this to affect the pregnancy” Jonathan continued. And the both of them received a ‘shut up’ looked from Martha who was standing between them and the doctor.
“In this case your job is to make sure that she’s calm and relax during these last months of the pregnancy, alright?” the doctor asked smiling to the both fathers.
“We will” they said leaving the room.
“You don’t know what you’ve just done to me” Martha advice to the doctor coming out.
“I’ll carry this” Lionel said taking her bag and her jacket “You shouldn’t be making any efforts”
“He’s right, Martha… Clark and I will take care of the farm and the house… I want you to just lie down and rest”
“Ok guys” she said stopping and taking her things back “I can carry my own things… and… to do nothing, I better come back to my father’s!” and after that she continued her way walking faster.
“It was your fault” Jonathan said to Lionel.
“Well… I really don’t care if she leaves the farm again” he said smirking and following them.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A few days later Martha was making some ironing on the morning when a “Hi” coming from Lionel frightened her.
“Don’t you know how to right a door bell?” she wondered.
“I met Jonathan at the door and he let me come in” he told “Shouldn’t you be resting?”
“Shouldn’t you be attending any meeting?”
“Ok… I was taking you a surprise, but seeing your bad mood, better I come in another moment”
“No! I do want a surprise!” she exclaimed leaving the iron and walking to the door with Lionel. At the hall she met something she wasn’t expecting… a cradle.
“Do you remember it?” he wondered while Martha examined the wooden little bed with yellow sheets and an L inscription at one side. “It’s the one I ordered to make for… our baby…”
“You’ve kept it all these years?!”
“In the mansion there’s place enough to keep lots of good and bad remembers” he said “I thought you would like to use it… but I made a little change” he said, taking Martha to the other side of the furniture and showing her that on the other side there was a K from Kent… “I guessed that Jonathan would appreciate that”
“Oh, Lionel…” she said on a sight while lots of memories came to her mind “It’s lovely” she finished, while a few tears came out and her arms hesitated before hugging him. He embraced her back and then Jonathan interrupted them coming in.
“I forgot my keys” he said taking them from the table.
“You were leaving without me?” Martha wondered.
“I told you, Martha, I have to do the delivery in the town and I don’t want you to help me carrying the boxes” Jonathan told.
“But I always do… and it’s not good for your heart either” she told.
“I’ll be fine… I’ve called Clark and he’s going to help me”
“But…”
“Anyway you have a visit, now” Jonathan said pointing at Lionel “You don’t want to ask him to leave, do you?”
“Oh, but I…” Lionel muttered, trying to hide how much he was enjoying being in the middle of the argument.
“You could have lunch together and talk about the baby or anything…” Jonathan suggested “I have work to do” and he closed the door leaving both Martha and Lionel with a not-understanding look on their faces.
Leaving out a noisy high, Martha bended to take the cradle, but Lionel grabbed it first.
“Where do you want me to take it?” he asked.
“Upstairs… I show you” and she climbed the stairs followed by Lionel.
“Is everything alright in the Kent’s perfect life?”
“Jonathan was wrong, Lionel… I have no problem asking you to leave” Martha said harshly when they reached the top and opening the bedroom’s door.
Lionel came in, it was an empty room with just a drawer and a rocking chair. The window had views to the fields and the woods, the walls were painted on yellow to give more light to the room, and there was another door, opened at that right moment, from where Lionel could see Martha’s bedroom.
“Jonathan and Clark painted it yesterday…” she told “I wanted to help, but they really don’t let me do anything since I’ve come back… and moreover after the visit to the doctor… I feel useless… this is why I have this mood” she confessed “But at least, I still able to cook… so tell me, what would you like to eat Lionel?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“I really don’t understand you, dad!” Clark shouted while they crossed the main street Smallville. “How can you leave mom alone with Lionel Luthor?”
“Because she was insisting on coming, Clark… and since she fainted I don’t like leaving her alone… She’ll be alright… I trust your mother, and… we have to get used to the possibility that he can be the father of the baby so…”
“What?”
“So… he’ll be spending more time at home” he continued.
“I don’t like having him so close of us”
“Neither me… but today he’s doing us a favor” Jonathan said opening the door of the jewelery shop to let his son come in “We wouldn’t have been able to look for your mother’s birthday present if he hadn’t come at home… She’s so stubborn she would have come behind me on her car”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“This tastes delicious” Lionel said.
“It’s just some pasta with mushrooms… nothing special”
“Anyway… It’s delicious” he repeated “So… tell me…Why did you come back home?”
“I still can ask you to go, Lionel…”
“Oh, come on… He cheated on you with his ex-wife, and you’re going to have a baby that can be mine”
“I love him, Lionel” she said looking at his eyes “He’s my husband and I thought we deserved to give us a second chance”
“What about us?”
“Between us there are just the memories of old feelings, Lionel… I… What happened was beautiful… and has maybe have great results…” she said caressing her belly “… but it shouldn’t have happened, and it never was my intention to give you a chance… you know it”
“I do” he said “But it doesn’t mean I’m not going to try anymore” and he bended over the table holding her hands and smiling.
She stood up taking the empty dishes with her. “Then, you’ll have to try better this time” she smirked.
Then the back door of the farm opened to let Jonathan come in, apparently showing Clark where to step.
“Oh my gosh, what happened?!” Martha exclaimed noticing something was wrong.
“Someone tried to rob in the jeweler’s and Clark was injured in his eyes” Jonathan told “Martha, he’s blind”

TO BE CONTINUED…
(This happened while Whisper episode (3.10)… I’m not going to stop in Clark storyline because will have nothing to do with the fic... but it was just to show that season 3 still running meanwhile… .. .)
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  I can't even believe it Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 am

but you can show Martha's birthday... I wonder what Lionel could give her as present! Very Happy
I looooooooooooooooooooved this part... I loved to read about Lionel taking the old cradle they wanted to use for their son...
it was sweet and sad...and I loved their interaction...finally!
I also loved that he said that he would try again, he doesn't give up on her...
but...I have a question...am I wrong, or Lionel never asked how it was possible (for her to be pregnant)?
They were said that she could never have, so he must wonder... maybe he's trying to figure it out by himself and has suspects... I don't know... DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 100206
Can't wait for another chapter !!! DESTINY - Things would have been really different if Martha had never met Jonathan in university... - Page 6 779584

I can't even believe it
Invulnerability
Invulnerability

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeshmea Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm

“Where’s your father?” Martha wondered coming into the kitchen wearing just her groan and sitting down on the first chair she found holding her back and her belly “Oh I feel so heavy…” she muttered.
“Dad’s left early in the morning today… He said he was not sure of being back for dinner” Clark told her finishing his breakfast like if he was in a hurry.
“Won’t he?!” she exclaimed “What about you?”
“Well… I have classes now, mom… and maybe I go to the movies with Chloe and Pit on the afternoon… But I’ll try to be back… I’ve not forgotten which day’s today…” he kissed her cheek and left with his super-speed leaving the dish and cup of his breakfast on the table.
“Always the same” Martha said to herself taking them to the washing-machine.
While she prepared her breakfast she wondered where Jonathan could be spending her birthday day. He hadn’t mentioned he had any meeting in the town with other farmers, and neither that he had other deliveries to do… At that moment, the memories of those pictures about him and Nell Potter together came to her mind…
But she did trust her husband… Or did she not?… Could she trust him after knowing he’d had an affair with his ex-wife? But… by the way… she’d also had an affair with her ex-husband, and she’d actually gone further…
Martha caressed her belly while finishing her toasts and sighted.
Would have Jonathan gone that far with Nell if he hadn’t discovered Lionel was spying at him?
No… he wouldn’t have. Jonathan loved her… he did. Did he? He’d come back with her… but now she was pregnant, and fat… very fat… and the baby could be from another man… and not just any man, but Lionel Luthor. Maybe she’d encouraged him to come back with Nell with all her mistakes… Maybe he didn’t like her anymore… Maybe he was spending her birthday day with Nell because he didn’t wanted to celebrate it with her.
Oh she had to stop thinking such silly things! It must be the pregnancy and the hormones affecting her because she’d never felt so jealous… Jonathan was a honest man… he was trustful… he’d maybe made some mistakes, but so had she… She was sure he wouldn’t lie her again…
Martha finished her tea and went upstairs to get dress and make the beds, like every day.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
After having lunch on her own, she was feeling so tired that she felt asleep on the couch… about a couple hours later a knocking woke her up. She looked around and Lex with his knuckles on the window’s crystal. She stood up and walked to the door.
“Hello, sweetheart… What are you doing here?”
“I’ve missed lots of birthdays with you… so I wanted to do something special with you this time”
“Oh…” she was going to say something, but Lex interrupted her showing her a big box he had hidden behind the door “What’s this?”
“A present… and I want you to go upstairs and put it on, alright?”
“But Lex…”
“I know you don’t like expensive presents… but I guessed you wouldn’t have any nice maternity dress to wear…”
“But…”
“Don’t say me you have plans” he kept interrupting her “Because I didn’t saw Jonathan’s van… and I met Clark in the town, so I guess you’re alone”
“I am, but”
“Then, go upstairs and get dress, mummy… please” he stared at her smiling.
It was so sweet every time he called her mum after so many years… And he’s look… She could see that red-haired little boy in those eyes and she wasn’t able to say no to them. She took the box and went upstairs.
Lex waited for almost an hour while Martha had a shower and got ready, until she came downstairs wearing a maternity dark pink dress long until her knees, with a very shy neckline but that showed her back. She’d tied up her hair in a way that it felt over her shoulders but didn’t cover her face, and her eyes seemed to be shiner than ever.
“Where are we going?” she wondered while Lex helped her to put her jacket on. “I should leave a note to Jonathan… or call her”
“You can call her on the way to Metropolis… there’s a phone in the limousine”
“We’re going to Metropolis?”
“Where else could I take you going so elegant without crossing the state line?” he joked while they went out.
Martha did call Jonathan… but he didn’t answer and Lex noticed the worry on her face.
“What’s the matter?”
“Nothing”
“I’m not a kid anymore mum… you can tell me whatever’s bothering you”
“It’s Jonathan… we… we always made plans for my birthday, we went out for dinner, or went for a picnic… A few years ago I felt ill, so we couldn’t go anywhere… he prepared a romantic dinner in the barn… but this year… he seems like he’s forgotten about me and I…” she stopped.
“What?”
“I’ve been thinking for the full day he’s maybe with Nell having a better time than he would have with a seven-month pregnant woman”
“Oh, don’t be silly… I’m sure he’s not… just try to call him again”

TO BE CONTINUED…
I didn’t wanted to leave the chapter on this point, but I have babysitting tonight. I’ll continue it tomorrow^^
Saeshmea
Saeshmea
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next